Thank you for inquiring about the Friends of the Library Book Sales and donation program! Proceeds from sales are given to the Sayreville Public Library to fund the children’s summer reading program, library programs and workshops, and purchases not covered within the annual budget. Your donations and purchases help aid us in our quest to provide the citizens of Sayreville with outstanding public service.
While the Sayreville Public Library and the Friends of the Library appreciate the kindness of those willing to donate material, the library’s lack of storage prevents all donations from being accepted. Items will only be accepted when a book sale is publicly announced via local newspapers, local channel advertisements, and library advertisements. This generally is 4 weeks prior to a sale date.
The following items are welcome:
- Children’s books of any publication date
- Nearly new books from 2000 or newer including: fiction, history, cookbooks, non-fiction, reference, art, how-to, large print books, sports, parenting, classics, trade paper books, religion, philosophy, children's books, coffee table books, biography, short stories, humor, poetry, science, foreign language
- DVDs or VHS tapes
- Music CDs
- Books on Tape or CD
The following items are not welcome:
- Books that have been stored in damp areas (garages, basements, outdoors)
- Books riddled with bugs, or that display mold, or are covered with dirt
- Damaged material
- Books with yellowed, stained, or torn pages
- Books that have been written in or have underlining
- Books published before the year 2000