TECHNICAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
This is a part-time position reporting to the Library System Manager. The TECHNICAL SERVICES ASSISTANT is primarily responsible for copy cataloging, loading vendor records into the LMxAC database and running/printing system reports and library patron notices in LMxAC’s integrated library system (SirsiDynix Symphony).
- Perform copy cataloging services using OCLC CatExpress and SirsiDynix SmartPort.
- Run and edit routine system reports as needed and directed.
- Process and load “on order” bibliographic records submitted by member libraries.
- Monitor and respond to incoming requests by performing specific actions such as updating patrons’ email addresses and forwarding bounced-back email to member libraries.
- Perform basic routines to print library patron notices for distribution to member libraries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by LMxAC Library System Manager.
- Experience using library automation software like SirsiDynix Symphony preferred
- Experience with MS Windows operating systems and basic software applications (MS Word, Excel)
- Problem solving ability
- Good communication skills – verbal/written
- Good organizational skills – ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Works cooperatively with a team
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The position is scheduled for 24 hours per week which include 4 weeknights (4 hour shifts) and Saturday (9am to 5pm). Some minor lifting and bending is required. Some flexibility in hours during the week is possible but Saturdays are required
Compensation Range and Benefits
The salary rate is $ 13.50/hour.
To apply send a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.