LIBRARIES OF MIDDLESEX AUTOMATION CONSORTIUM (LMxAC)
LIBRARY CATALOG / DIGITAL CONTENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Library System Manager, this position is primarily responsible for ongoing support and training of the public interface, mobile interface and social networking features of the integrated library system in use by LMxAC member libraries. This position is also responsible for maintenance of the LMxAC webpage and training and support for digital content systems (currently Overdrive, Zinio and IndieFlix).
1. Works with member libraries to customize content rooms in the SirsiDynix Enterprise and eRC software. Trains member library staff on the use of all aspects of our public interface.
2. Maintains, supports and trains member library staff on use of the LMxAC mobile app, LMxPRESS.
3. Manages and populates LMxAC’s social media accounts (currently Facebook and Twitter).
4. Develops and maintains LMxAC’s web site and staff web site.
5. Assists in overall support of our SirsiDynix integrated library system.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Master of Library Science (MLS) is preferred. If no MLS, a bachelor degree in library science, communications or computer science is required.
2. Experience in ILS customization, including user interface design and development of web applications.
3. Knowledge of usability standards, mobile Web standards, and application security.
4. Web design experience, familiarity with WordPress and/or Drupal or similar content management system.
5. Knowledge of integrated library systems including knowledge of SirsiDynix Web Services 2.0/3.0 and API integration a plus.
6. Experience in developing training materials and classes preferred.
7. Problem solving ability and the ability to work independently.
8. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills required.
Working Conditions, Compensation Range and Benefits
Work is performed at the consortium headquarters as well as at member libraries throughout Middlesex, Union, and Monmouth Counties in central New Jersey. This position requires a valid New Jersey driver’s license and the ability to provide transportation to library sites. The position is full time (35 hour week), and it requires the ability to work on a flexible schedule, with occasional evening or weekend hours. The salary is negotiable up to $58,240 a year. A full benefits package is included.
Applications are due by Friday October 2, 2015 at 5pm and should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org